Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andy Andy is offline

Default Hotkey for "Find again"

In MS Word 2003, when I want to find some text I do this:

CTRL F, then enter a search string, then press Find Next

(1) How can I "Find Again" by using a hotkey instead of clicking the
button?

(2) Could such a hotkey be made to work even if the Find window is
closed?

--
XP Pro/SP2 running Office Pro 2003 (ver.11)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I don't know of a keyboard shortcut, but you can close the Find dialog and
use the browse buttons at the bottom of the vertical scroll bar, which have
the Find Next and Find Previous function after you have used the Find
dialog.

"Andy" wrote in message
In MS Word 2003, when I want to find some text I do this:

CTRL F, then enter a search string, then press Find Next

(1) How can I "Find Again" by using a hotkey instead of clicking the
button?

(2) Could such a hotkey be made to work even if the Find window is
closed?

--
XP Pro/SP2 running Office Pro 2003 (ver.11)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

If you haven't done any edits after executing the Find, then the Repeat
Command key (F4) should do just that too.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Andy" wrote in message
In MS Word 2003, when I want to find some text I do this:

CTRL F, then enter a search string, then press Find Next

(1) How can I "Find Again" by using a hotkey instead of clicking the
button?

(2) Could such a hotkey be made to work even if the Find window is
closed?

--
XP Pro/SP2 running Office Pro 2003 (ver.11)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I believe it won't, though, Terry. Handily, F4 *doesn't* repeat Find Next.
This makes it convenient to use the browse arrows to Find Next, then F4 to
repeat any action (such as a replacement or paste) that was performed after
the previous find.

"Andy" wrote in message
In MS Word 2003, when I want to find some text I do this:

CTRL F, then enter a search string, then press Find Next

(1) How can I "Find Again" by using a hotkey instead of clicking the
button?

(2) Could such a hotkey be made to work even if the Find window is
closed?

--
XP Pro/SP2 running Office Pro 2003 (ver.11)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

When the browse buttons change their function, so do the hotkeys for the
browse buttons, which are Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Andy" wrote in message
In MS Word 2003, when I want to find some text I do this:

CTRL F, then enter a search string, then press Find Next

(1) How can I "Find Again" by using a hotkey instead of clicking the
button?

(2) Could such a hotkey be made to work even if the Find window is
closed?

--
XP Pro/SP2 running Office Pro 2003 (ver.11)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Shift+F4 is RepeatFind. Actually, I assigned it to F3 since I don't like
having to press a Shift key to use it.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com