Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Computeruser.com Computeruser.com is offline

Default Does anybody have any opinions or quick tips for word?

Please send them to me at
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jan 24, 10:42*pm, Cliff wrote:
"Computeruser.com" wrote:
Please send them to me at

I hate the new Word. Hate it hate it hate it. I can't get rid of buttons
I'll never use (such as the paragraph mark -- who uses that nowadays
anyway

Every competent user of Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 25 jan, 04:42, Cliff wrote:
"Computeruser.com" wrote:
Please send them to me at

I hate the new Word. Hate it hate it hate it. I can't get rid of buttons
I'll never use (such as the paragraph mark -- who uses that nowadays
anyway?),

Most people who use Word in a semi-professional or professional
environment. Besides, that hasn't changed from previous versions. You
can still easily enable/disable it through the button on the home tab
in the paragraph group.

the Shrink One Page command is gone, but perhaps worst of all I
cannot contact Microsoft about my question because they got rid of Help
About,

Click the Office button and choose Word options, Then pick 'Resources'
from the menu on the left. There is a 'Contact Us' button there.

and their instructions for finding the PID don't seem to apply in my
case.

Click the Office button and choose Word options, Then pick 'Resources'
from the menu on the left. There is a 'About' button there.

I have two printers; how do I choose which one I want to print to? I can see
only the *default printer in the Quick Print menu.

Click the Office button, click the arrow next to Print and select
Print from the menu. That allows you to select the printer you want to
use.

Why does Microsoft make things ten times more complicated than they have to
be?

Did they? All your questions seem to be pretty easily answered.

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cliff Cliff is offline

Yes, you answered my questions, and I thank you. But I've been using Word
since Windows 3.1, and I've never had such difficulty navigating its menu and
customizing it to my desires.

"p0" wrote:

On 25 jan, 04:42, Cliff wrote:
"Computeruser.com" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cliff Cliff is offline

"Computeruser.com" wrote:

Please send them to me at

Hmm. Well, I figured most people were smart enough to recognize when a new
paragraph starts, but I guess I was wrong. Sorry.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you think that's the only reason for displaying nonprinting characters
(which are much more than just paragraph marks), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Cliff" wrote in message

"Computeruser.com" wrote:

Please send them to me at

Hmm. Well, I figured most people were smart enough to recognize when a new
paragraph starts, but I guess I was wrong. Sorry.

can i print screen tips in word? baxm Microsoft Word Help 1 May 1st 08 10:01 PM
Word forms and tool tips jl New Users 1 March 1st 07 06:45 PM
Exam question wrong about Word? Opinions, please! Jamie Furlong New Users 6 April 18th 06 11:56 AM
Remove screen tips-OfficeXP, Word 2K3 Jennifer Dargis Microsoft Word Help 1 February 25th 06 03:52 PM
Tips in Word Roger Giler New Users 1 March 2nd 05 11:14 PM