Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cliff Cliff is offline

Default how do I customize a running head?

I need for the header to not be on the 2nd page of my document. I only need
the number on the second page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Go to the header that you now have set up, select everything and press
Ctrl+C, then delete the parts of it that you do not want.

With the header page still active, open the Page Setup dialog and go to the
Layout tab and in the Headers and Footers section, check the Different first
page box and then click OK.

You will now see an empty First Page Header pane, into which you can paste
(Ctrl+V) what you copied using Ctrl+C.

If you are using Word 2007, on the Design tab of the Header and Footer Tools
section of the Ribbon there is a Different First Page box in the Options
section of the ribbon,

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

what is a running head goof New Users 2 December 13th 09 02:59 PM
How do I get a running header with running page numbers? rsw5060 Page Layout 2 December 9th 08 03:55 AM
first name on page into running head wib Microsoft Word Help 2 June 20th 06 05:46 AM
running head Title Page Page Layout 2 November 9th 05 02:39 PM
Customize menu with customize picture. Pat Microsoft Word Help 1 July 19th 05 02:03 PM