Miazelli

Default How do you set last file opened to show in file list 1st

I have never done this before (or needed to) but someone asked how do you
sort file lists in last file opened order vs arrange icons by date, name,
age, type.

This person says that she has always been able to do the following,

In word, open, file list, see the 1st file listed under any folders being
the file she just used (if you sort by date its the last one.)

Any thoughts ? - thanks.

Unless the file was modified, it will not sort to the top even if you
display in order of Modified date. On the MRU list at the bottom of the File
menu, however, the last file opened will always be displayed first,
regardless of whether or not it was saved.

"Miazelli" wrote in message
I have never done this before (or needed to) but someone asked how do you
sort file lists in last file opened order vs arrange icons by date, name,
age, type.

This person says that she has always been able to do the following,

In word, open, file list, see the 1st file listed under any folders being
the file she just used (if you sort by date its the last one.)

Any thoughts ? - thanks.

Miazelli

To the 1st reply - thank you but that was not my question. I did not want to
know how to sort myself each time I had to locate the last saved/modified
document... I wanted to open the document list and show as the 1st listed
document the last modified or saved.

Suzanne, thank you for your more appropriate reply. I need to see why this
does not work on her computer as I initially tried this as it was what I
would have suspected.

Thanks.

"Miazelli" wrote in message
I have never done this before (or needed to) but someone asked how do you
sort file lists in last file opened order vs arrange icons by date, name,
age, type.

This person says that she has always been able to do the following,

In word, open, file list, see the 1st file listed under any folders being
the file she just used (if you sort by date its the last one.)

Any thoughts ? - thanks.

RWN

Oops,sorry 'bout that, but I took your phrase ;

"In word, open, file list, see the 1st file listed under any folders being
the file she just used (if you sort by date its the last one.)"

to mean that she wanted the modified files ("used") to appear in descending order in the
Open dialog box ("open, file list",..the first file listed *under any folders*.." ).

Didn't deduce that you were talking about the MRU list ("File").

Also, once you've selected the sort column so you don't need to "sort... each time" as it
retains the setting at least it does in wd2k.

Again, my apologies for the confusion.
--
Regards;
Rob

"Miazelli" wrote in message
I have never done this before (or needed to) but someone asked how do you
sort file lists in last file opened order vs arrange icons by date, name,
age, type.

This person says that she has always been able to do the following,

In word, open, file list, see the 1st file listed under any folders being
the file she just used (if you sort by date its the last one.)

Any thoughts ? - thanks.

Miazelli

Thank you for reply. This question is for someone else's computer which is
not behaving itself in the correct manner. I am going to try again both
suggestions to see if that helps the situation.

Will update and reply as helped after I know status.

Thanks