Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Soccerman58

Default A new Heading based on an existing heading

Hi
I'm almost afraid to get into this after having driven myself nuts getting
my para numbering right, but I would like to create a heading for my
Appendices that looks like my Chapter heading (which is Heading 1 in the
preset styles) except it says Appendix A: YadaYada
A.1
A.2
A.2.1
A.2.2

As an interesting note, I have set up my headings presets so that Heading 1,
which is my chapter title heading, has a gray shading behind it. For some
reason, when I break the text to move my next next Heading 1
to the top of the next page it creates a blank gray line
on the previous page that apparently is also tagged as Heading 1. If I try
to reformat it to Body Text, then the real Heading 1 (the chapter title on
the next page) ALSO reformats itself to Body Text.
Any Ideas please?
FWIW, Heading 1 is set up to be followed by Body Text.
Thanks
Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

A manual page break takes on the formatting of the following paragraph.
Instead of inserting a manual page break, apply "Page break before"
formatting (Format | Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks) to the paragraph or
style. For appendixes, see
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html. The
paragraph and number formatting can be the same as Heading 1 but DO NOT base
it on Heading 1.