Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elsie elsie is offline

Default How do I create fancy borders in a Word document

Am trying to create fancy borders around different size passages of text,
using Word. Can you help with suggestions of ways to do that?
Cheers,
Elsie.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Format | Borders and Shading, Page Border tab.

If you are not happy with the predefined formats in the Borders and
Shading dialog box, you can anchor (say) an AutoShape to the header
paragraph; it will then repeat on each page using that header. See
also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Elsie" wrote in message
Am trying to create fancy borders around different size passages of
text,
using Word. Can you help with suggestions of ways to do that?
Cheers,
Elsie.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good point. Hard to tell why I thought of *page borders* when the OP
wrote "passages of text." :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Note, however, that border art can only be used for page borders; it

is not
available for paragraph borders.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.