Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IEFBR14 IEFBR14 is offline

Default Export templates and macros to new computer

I upgraded a power user to a newer PC. Both old and new computers are XP pro
SP2 and Office XP (2002). I used XP's FASTWiz and it did a great job of
making the new look like the old. The user asked where their Word Templates
and macros were. I have very basic Word skills. Is there a document or help
site that would how to find and migrate the templates/macros from the old PC
to the new one ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Just copy the templates to the user templates folder for your Office XP
installation.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"IEFBR14" wrote:

I upgraded a power user to a newer PC. Both old and new computers are XP pro
SP2 and Office XP (2002). I used XP's FASTWiz and it did a great job of
making the new look like the old. The user asked where their Word Templates
and macros were. I have very basic Word skills. Is there a document or help
site that would how to find and migrate the templates/macros from the old PC
to the new one ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm
The templates will be in the folder defined in Word at tools options
file locations user templates -and sub folders (if any) of that folder.
Copy them to some medium that can be used on both PCs and paste them in the
similar location defined in Word on the new PC.