Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Suri

Default Allow MS Office users to send documents by fax directly from PCs

It'll be great if I could send a document opened in MS Office by fax directly
from my PC to an ordinary fax machine, provided that my PC is connected to
internet. I don't know if it is possible to send fax online from PC to
landline fax machines, but I think this would be a handy feature.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

Using only Internet it takes a third-party service to get it onto the phone
lines. If you are connected to a phone line, though, Windows includes a fax
utility.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suri" wrote in message
It'll be great if I could send a document opened in MS Office by fax
directly
from my PC to an ordinary fax machine, provided that my PC is connected to
internet. I don't know if it is possible to send fax online from PC to
landline fax machines, but I think this would be a handy feature.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AskTheComputerGy AskTheComputerGy is offline

Charles is correct. Also you can use an online phone service such as Vonage.
Although I do not recommend Vonnage it's self. if your phone signal on the
internet phone service and on a good connection (DSL is always a problem no
matter what you do.) Get a Broadband Service. Also, you can get a Wifi card
by a cellular company such as Verizon. You don't have to have a laptop to
use their WiFi Card. You can use it on a PC as well. Either way you go you
will still pay extra. The cheapest if the internet phone service. You have
to have good bandwith for it to work well.