Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Grayson Grayson is offline

Default mail merge multiple documents

I need to send a personalised email to 150 odd recipients with two
personalised Word attachments. How do I do it all with one email?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

To create the attachments, you may want to use one of the methods in
the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Grayson" wrote in message
I need to send a personalised email to 150 odd recipients with two
personalised Word attachments. How do I do it all with one email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default mail merge multiple documents - formatting problems

I am using Word 2007. I tried using the procedure described in
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

A really handy procedure - thanks!

I got the different letters in different files, BUT the formatting was
wrong. It used "Calibri" as font instead of "Times New Roman" and also some
other changes I belive. I have set "Times New Roman" as default font. It made
the letters 11 pages long instead of 7. I do not have this formatting problem
when using the standard mail merge.

Why is this happening and how can I prevent it for happening?

Thanks in advance!

"Grayson" wrote in message
I need to send a personalised email to 150 odd recipients with two
personalised Word attachments. How do I do it all with one email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you create a new blank document, what is the font in that document? I
think if you change the default font in the normal template to Times New
Roman, that font should be used in the letters

--

"Grayson" wrote in message
I need to send a personalised email to 150 odd recipients with two
personalised Word attachments. How do I do it all with one email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sonny Sonny is offline

The font in a new blank document is Times New Roman. I did change to that
when I got the formatting problems. I did a re-test run now and now the font
is correct, maybe Word needed a restart or someting. Thanks!

The problem is now reduced to that the spacing between lines are much larger
in the merge files than in the orginal file.

The orginal document have in a paragraph the following paragraph properties:
Spacing After: 0, Linespacing: Single

The same paragraph in a "merged document" has the following paragraph
properties: Spacing After: 10, Linespacing: at 1,5.

These explain some changes I have seen, if not all. The question is how I
can get the merged document line spacing to be equal to the orginal document?

Thanks in advance again!

"Grayson" wrote in message
I need to send a personalised email to 150 odd recipients with two
personalised Word attachments. How do I do it all with one email?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The issue remains similar to that with the font - ie the normal style in the
2007 default template does not match that in the template the merge document
was created from.. Edit the style to match.

Sonny wrote:
The font in a new blank document is Times New Roman. I did change to
that when I got the formatting problems. I did a re-test run now and
now the font is correct, maybe Word needed a restart or something.
Thanks!

The problem is now reduced to that the spacing between lines are much
larger in the merge files than in the original file.

The original document have in a paragraph the following paragraph

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

To create the attachments, you may want to use one of the methods
in
the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to
Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that
site will allow you to create each letter as a separate file with
a filename taken from a field in the data source with a minimum of
fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP