Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
doublellot doublellot is offline

Default In Word 2007 How do I make repeated phrases automatically generate

In Word 2000, there was a way to make repeated phrases automatically populate
by selecting "enter" after a pharse was saved as text, auto insert. Is there
a way to do this in the new Word 2007? That is one feature I'd miss terribly.
Any advice appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
renee renee is offline

That part of the AutoText feature is gone. If your text is fairly short (a
phrase?) then you can use AutoCorrect to set it up so you can type a shortcut
and have it automatically enter your text. Select your text and go to Office
Button-Word Options-Proofing tab. Click the Autocorrect button and give
your text a name. (don't use a real word!). Then hitting space, enter, or
any other AutoCorrect trigger will enter your text for you.

If it's longer and you need it as an AutoText entry, you can assign a
keyboard shortcut using the Keyboard Customize dialog. Office Button-Word
Options-Customize Tab, click the Customize button for Keyboard Shortcuts.
AutoText is near the bottom of the Categories list. Select an entry and
apply a shortcut.

Otherwise, the AT feature has been replaced with Quick Parts. You can find
it on the Insert tab in the Text group. You'll need to use the QP gallery to
insert your AutoText (or one of the other galleries, if you are creating a
custom header or whatnot).

"doublellot" wrote:

In Word 2000, there was a way to make repeated phrases automatically populate
by selecting "enter" after a pharse was saved as text, auto insert. Is there
a way to do this in the new Word 2007? That is one feature I'd miss terribly.
Any advice appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It still works to type the name of an AutoText entry and press F3 to
insert the entry. What's gone is the "AutoComplete" part of the
feature that displayed the entry in a yellow popup tag when it was
recognized and let you press Enter to finish it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman