Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Martin Harris

Default Emailing a Merged Catalog

Hi,

I am trying to create a mailmerge where order acknowledgments are emailed to
customed. The data is held in a text file with these fields:

Cust Ordernum Model Qty Orddat Duedat

I would like the email to list orders per customer - for example:

Cust=Bloggs

Ordernum Model Qty Orddat Duedat
12345 BBB11 1 01/01/06 05/01/06
543 ABB2 4 01/01/06 06/01/06

etc

I can complete the merge just as i need to a 'Catalog' but can't work out
how to send it as email. If I choose the word Email merge the layout all
goes wrong.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The only destination that is available with a Catalog type mail merge is to
a new document. If you want to send it out my email, that will have to be
done as a separate operation. Assuming that you have more than one customer
in the document produced by executing the merge, you will need to split the
document into separate documents for each customer. That can probably be
automated with a macro.

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.