Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carol Carol is offline

Default Blue column in Right Margin

Hi,

I'm in a jam...I cannot get a blue column to go away. It appears on every
page of my Word 2007 document and prints also as a very light color. I have
been working on my document for quiet a while and it was originally created
in Word 2003.

Please help!
--
Carol
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Carol,

If you go to the Review tab and in the Tracking section switch the display mode to 'Final' does the column hide? If so, then you
have or have had Track Changes on at some point in this document. If it's currently on the 'Track Changes' button in the Review Tab
of the ribbon should be lit.

To clear the change condition use the Changes=Accept/Reject buttons on the Reviewing ribbon.

The 'Balloons' setting in the Review ribbon determines what content causes the 'stripe' to appear in the document.

==============
"Carol" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm in a jam...I cannot get a blue column to go away. It appears on every
page of my Word 2007 document and prints also as a very light color. I have
been working on my document for quiet a while and it was originally created
in Word 2003.

Please help!
--
Carol
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carol Carol is offline

Bob,

Thank you so much! That was the problem. I was about to go crazy!! You saved
me!

--
Carol

"Carol" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm in a jam...I cannot get a blue column to go away. It appears on every
page of my Word 2007 document and prints also as a very light color. I have
been working on my document for quiet a while and it was originally created
in Word 2003.

Please help!
--
Carol
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carol Carol is offline

Suzanne,

Thank you for your quick response. I was in a panic. I tried Bob reply since
his was first and it corrected my problem, but I have learned for the future
from your reply also.
--
Carol