Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian Wolfe Ian Wolfe is offline

Default Photograph

I have received a Word file containing only a photograph and its
caption. How can I most easily turn this photo (from a 2003 Word file)
into a JPG file? TIA.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Jay has referred you to the instructions that will do this the best you can
if the Word doc is all you have, but in this instance I think I'd contact
the sender and ask if it would be possible to have the photo in its original
format (TIFF or JPEG or whatever that might be).

"Ian Wolfe" wrote in message
I have received a Word file containing only a photograph and its
caption. How can I most easily turn this photo (from a 2003 Word file)
into a JPG file? TIA.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian Wolfe Ian Wolfe is offline

In message
Jay Freedman wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:54:22 +0100, Ian Wolfe wrote:

I have received a Word file containing only a photograph and its
caption. How can I most easily turn this photo (from a 2003 Word file)
into a JPG file? TIA.

See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

Splendid. Thank you very much.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian Wolfe Ian Wolfe is offline

Many thanks (yet again!) Suzanne for your excellent suggestion. Sadly
it is not possible to do as you suggest. Jay's suggestion has worked
very well.

In message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Jay has referred you to the instructions that will do this the best you can
if the Word doc is all you have, but in this instance I think I'd contact
the sender and ask if it would be possible to have the photo in its original
format (TIFF or JPEG or whatever that might be).

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I had the same problem. People say they don't know how to send me a
photograph but they can send Word file attachments. Don't ask - I have no
idea. I finally gave up trying.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ian Wolfe" wrote in message
I have received a Word file containing only a photograph and its
caption. How can I most easily turn this photo (from a 2003 Word file)
into a JPG file? TIA.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Probably because they're using the File | Send To | Email Recipient as
Attachment command in Word and haven't figured out how to attach files
directly to emails created in their mail client. Or they're using Web-based
email and haven't figured out how to browse for attachments (or something).
Beats me, I use both methods but admit it's convenient to be able to send
attachments directly from Word. Acrobat has a File | Send for Review
command, but I've been loath to use that because I'm not sure what it
does--guess I ought to read the Help!

"Ian Wolfe" wrote in message
I have received a Word file containing only a photograph and its
caption. How can I most easily turn this photo (from a 2003 Word file)
into a JPG file? TIA.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Send for Review allows reviewing tools to be used on the .pdf file. Really
cool *if the recipient uses them*.

--

"Ian Wolfe" wrote in message
I have received a Word file containing only a photograph and its
caption. How can I most easily turn this photo (from a 2003 Word file)
into a JPG file? TIA.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:49:09 -0500, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

So there's not any way to just send a PDF from Acrobat the way you send a
doc from Word?

Adobe Reader 9 has a "File | Attach to Email..." command that creates a new
OE message with the PDF currently open as attachment.
--
Cheers
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

Yes. File Email

Tom
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: So there's not any way to just send a PDF from Acrobat the way you send a
: doc from Word?
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
:
: "JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
: ...
: Send for Review allows reviewing tools to be used on the .pdf file.
Really
: cool *if the recipient uses them*.
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
: Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
:
:
[...]
: "Ian Wolfe" wrote in message
: ...
: I have received a Word file containing only a photograph and its
: caption. How can I most easily turn this photo (from a 2003 Word
file)
: into a JPG file? TIA.
:
: --
: Ian Wolfe.
: Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
: Blessed are the peacemakers.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

D'oh! That's what I get for having my eyes shut! I was looking for "Send To"
instead of actually looking at everything on the menu. Anyway, thanks for
pointing it out.

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote in message
Yes. File Email

Tom
[...]