Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KATHE KATHE is offline

Default opening word documents

After I have saved a word doc. I am not able to open it. I get a box that
says "windows cannot find...make sure you typed the name correctly, and then
try again". My word has already been activated.

Kathe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Was that a document attached to an email?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"KATHE" wrote in message
After I have saved a word doc. I am not able to open it. I get a box that
says "windows cannot find...make sure you typed the name correctly, and
then try again". My word has already been activated.

Kathe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

What version of Word are you using? What version of Windows?

When trying to open the file, how exactly are you doing it? From the Open
dialog? From the recently used files list? From Windows Explorer?

Is the message saying "cannot find" the .doc file? Or Word? If the latter,
see if this helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249958

If it's the former, then see if this discussion helps:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&cr=&sloc=&p=1

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"KATHE" wrote in message
After I have saved a word doc. I am not able to open it. I get a box that
says "windows cannot find...make sure you typed the name correctly, and
then try again". My word has already been activated.

Kathe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck[_3_] Chuck[_3_] is offline

Kathe,

Have you tried to Save As a Word 97-2003 document?