Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mark Mark is offline

Default Word 2007 did not download it's new no product key

I just purchased Word with the product key back up. It did not download
properly and I also ordered the backup CD. It won't work without a product
key so now I am out $179 and no Word and now I am supposed to pay $49 for a
support call. Why can't I just get what I purchased from Microsoft.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Who did you buy your software from? They should have emailed you a product
key.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mark" wrote in message
I just purchased Word with the product key back up. It did not download
properly and I also ordered the backup CD. It won't work without a
product
key so now I am out $179 and no Word and now I am supposed to pay $49 for
support call. Why can't I just get what I purchased from Microsoft.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
madmiss madmiss is offline

I just purchased as well and received a "Thank you" for my money but no
product key. I've been on since 930 this morning to figure this out.

"Mark" wrote in message
I just purchased Word with the product key back up. It did not download
properly and I also ordered the backup CD. It won't work without a
product
key so now I am out $179 and no Word and now I am supposed to pay $49 for
support call. Why can't I just get what I purchased from Microsoft.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"madmiss" wrote in message
I just purchased as well and received a "Thank you" for my money but no
product key. I've been on since 930 this morning to figure this out.

Yes, BUT WHERE FROM?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
madmiss madmiss is offline

DRI and yes if I had a number for them or email I would be contacting them...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

Why is it so hard to get information from you?

What is DRI? (googling brings up hundreds of different hits with those
initials). What's the full name of the company? What's the URL for their
web site?

Are you saying you bought something from a company that has no contact
information? Doesn't sound like a wise decision.

"madmiss" wrote in message
: DRI and yes if I had a number for them or email I would be contacting
them...
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
madmiss madmiss is offline

I bought it through Microsoft... confirmation is from Microsoft, however it
says the charges will be listed as "DRI*Microsoft". URL is Microsoft. Went
through Word 2007 Trial (Microsoft) to activate which routed me to the
Microsoft site. I've tried to search on Microsoft website for a "DRI"
retailer. Even tried to look up my receipt/order number.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

FWIW, if you'd asked, we would have advised against this. The problem with
this route is that you don't get media without paying extra (which makes
this route more expensive than buying through Amazon or a local retailer),
and if you do want the media, you have to opt for them up front; there's no
way to go back and make this choice later. I personally feel much more
comfortable having CDs (or DVDs) in hand in case I ever need to reinstall,
install on a different computer, or whatever.

In addition, there have been (unless you've posted to two separate threads)
at least a couple of people in the past couple of days who haven't gotten
the promised activation keys, so this route doesn't even work very well from
the get-go, it appears.

"madmiss" wrote in message
I bought it through Microsoft... confirmation is from Microsoft, however it
says the charges will be listed as "DRI*Microsoft". URL is Microsoft. Went
through Word 2007 Trial (Microsoft) to activate which routed me to the
Microsoft site. I've tried to search on Microsoft website for a "DRI"
retailer. Even tried to look up my receipt/order number.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
madmiss madmiss is offline

its easy to look back and say woulda shoulda now its beside the point. I
guess it is wrong to assume that if I am purchasing something through a
corporation like Microsoft I'm going to get what I've paid for, it isnt like
its shareware. Off to call the bank.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

DRI is Digital River, Inc., the service provider for fulfillment of Microsoft Office 2007 License/product purchases.
http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/service.aspx
or often the last link on the bottom right of
https://store.digitalriver.com/store...isplayHelpPage

=================
"madmiss" wrote in message ...
its easy to look back and say woulda shoulda now its beside the point. I
guess it is wrong to assume that if I am purchasing something through a
corporation like Microsoft I'm going to get what I've paid for, it isnt like
its shareware. Off to call the bank.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JohnR JohnR is offline

Default Heres the DRI addy

https://store.digitalriver.com/DRHM/...en_US&Env=BASE

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...