Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Odibu

Default frustrated by voice recognition

I am trying to set up voice recognition in Word 2003. After having followed
the installation directions, I have followed all the get-started directions I
can find -- but I cannot locate my language toolbar; the language icon does
not appear in the status bar; there is no check-mark next to Speech in the
Tools bar; there is no microphone icon in Language under the Tools bar. I
realize this makes me sound like an idiot, but... I am at a total loss. I
cannot open Speech to begin training, let alone use the thing to create a
document.