LurfysMa

Default Column balancing

Is the following correct?

In a multi-column document, to get page-width white space, I need to
enter two continuous section breaks to create an intervening section.

If I enter only 1 break, the columns will balance, but there will only
be whatever paragraph leading there is.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 19:27:01 -0700, LurfysMa
wrote:

Is the following correct?

In a multi-column document, to get page-width white space, I need to
enter two continuous section breaks to create an intervening section.

If I enter only 1 break, the columns will balance, but there will only
be whatever paragraph leading there is.

Assuming you're talking about putting this space in the middle of the
document and not at the end, then you're correct. At the end, you need
only one section break, and the last section will contain only a
paragraph mark but no text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
LurfysMa

wrote:

Is the following correct?

In a multi-column document, to get page-width white space, I need to
enter two continuous section breaks to create an intervening section.

If I enter only 1 break, the columns will balance, but there will only
be whatever paragraph leading there is.

Assuming you're talking about putting this space in the middle of the
document and not at the end, then you're correct. At the end, you need
only one section break, and the last section will contain only a
paragraph mark but no text.

Yes, actually, in the middle of a page.

I have a document with some pages in 2- and 3-column layout. These
contain lists of items. Some are numbered lists, some are bulleted
lists, and some are tables.

On some pages, the first n items are similar, the next m are similar,
and so on. I would like to insert a page-width blank line between each
set of similar items and have the columns balanced. In this case, I
don't want to put in any text or headings. Just white space.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000