Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
specification guy specification guy is offline

Default Capital Letter in a sentence

When I type a sentence and need a first letter of words capitalized within
the sentence other than the first letter of a sentence Microsoft
automatically makes it lower case. How do I stop this from happening.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you saying that you type a capital letter and Word changes to lowercase
or just that it doesn't automatically cap it? The latter is not possible
since Word can't know what words need to be capitalized (unless they're
spelling errors when lowercased); if the former, then something weird is
definitely going on.

"specification guy" wrote in
message ...
When I type a sentence and need a first letter of words capitalized within
the sentence other than the first letter of a sentence Microsoft
automatically makes it lower case. How do I stop this from happening.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
specification guy specification guy is offline

WEIRD YES !!

If I type: "When I went to the Department store" the "D" in department will
automatically turn into a lowercase letter.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you saying that you type a capital letter and Word changes to lowercase
or just that it doesn't automatically cap it? The latter is not possible
since Word can't know what words need to be capitalized (unless they're
spelling errors when lowercased); if the former, then something weird is
definitely going on.

"specification guy" wrote in
message ...
When I type a sentence and need a first letter of words capitalized within
the sentence other than the first letter of a sentence Microsoft
automatically makes it lower case. How do I stop this from happening.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The only thing I can suggest is to see if there is an AutoCorrect entry for
Department department. (Although, in your example, "department store"
*should* be lowercased.)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you saying that you type a capital letter and Word changes to

lowercase
or just that it doesn't automatically cap it? The latter is not possible
since Word can't know what words need to be capitalized (unless they're
spelling errors when lowercased); if the former, then something weird is
definitely going on.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"specification guy" wrote

in
message ...
When I type a sentence and need a first letter of words capitalized

within
the sentence other than the first letter of a sentence Microsoft
automatically makes it lower case. How do I stop this from happening.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
specification guy specification guy is offline

I appreciate it. I was just using "Department" as and example.
Guess I will just have to live with it. I figured that I could change it in
a setting as it did not happen untill I received a new computer.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you saying that you type a capital letter and Word changes to

lowercase
or just that it doesn't automatically cap it? The latter is not possible
since Word can't know what words need to be capitalized (unless they're
spelling errors when lowercased); if the former, then something weird is
definitely going on.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"specification guy" wrote

in
message ...
When I type a sentence and need a first letter of words capitalized

within
the sentence other than the first letter of a sentence Microsoft
automatically makes it lower case. How do I stop this from happening.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, if you notice a particular pattern, do check for stray AutoCorrect
entries.

"specification guy" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Immediately after you see the change, hover your mouse over the lowercase
letter and then click the AutoCorrect Options button that displays. The list
of options should give you a clue as to why the letter is converting to
lowercase. If you don't see the button then what version of Word are you
using?

You can also check the Undo list (click the arrow next to the Undo button)
and see if it helps you figure out what is causing the issue to occur.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"specification guy" wrote in
message ...

capital letter Dean New Users 2 March 6th 07 10:14 PM
start of sentence & after fullstop with capital Y.R.Eranee New Users 9 November 20th 06 08:45 AM
Capital letter (even mid sentence) beginning of every line - why? bill Microsoft Word Help 1 April 25th 05 07:32 PM
First letter capital lg430 Microsoft Word Help 1 April 13th 05 08:43 PM
the first letter on each line always changes to a capital superblues Microsoft Word Help 2 March 11th 05 09:26 PM