Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kam127

Default How to remove watermark liked, but not watermark, text?

I have a document that has rotated graying texts on the edge of every page
of the document that I want to remove. The texts only show up in the print
layout view mode. Thought it was watermark text, but apparently not as the
option
Format - Background - Printed Watermark
indicates there is no watermark.

Anyone has any suggestion as to how to remove the text?

Thanks

kli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kam127

Hi Suzannne,

Thanks a lot, it works! I have been spending hours on this problem, I use
header and footer a lot, but did know that it can be used to generate rotated
text on the two edges of a page.

kli

"Kam127" wrote in message
I have a document that has rotated graying texts on the edge of every

page
of the document that I want to remove. The texts only show up in the

print
layout view mode. Thought it was watermark text, but apparently not as the
option
Format - Background - Printed Watermark
indicates there is no watermark.

Anyone has any suggestion as to how to remove the text?

Thanks

kli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Protouch Pete

It worked for me too, with the word 'DRAFT', that was stuck in the middle of
the page, but 'No Watermark' was enabled on the Format/Background/Printed
Watermark option. Thanks

"Kam127" wrote in message
I have a document that has rotated graying texts on the edge of every

page
of the document that I want to remove. The texts only show up in the

print
layout view mode. Thought it was watermark text, but apparently not as the
option
Format - Background - Printed Watermark
indicates there is no watermark.

Anyone has any suggestion as to how to remove the text?

Thanks

kli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SueL SueL is offline

This solution does not work for me. I had entered it as a Background
Watermark Draft. When I go back through and click No Watermark. It removed
it from the first 5 pages of the document but remains on all other pages.

"Kam127" wrote:

I have a document that has rotated graying texts on the edge of every page
of the document that I want to remove. The texts only show up in the print
layout view mode. Thought it was watermark text, but apparently not as the
option
Format - Background - Printed Watermark
indicates there is no watermark.

Anyone has any suggestion as to how to remove the text?

Thanks

kli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like page 6-end had the "Same as previous" setting turned on, and
that you've removed the watermark from the section(s) that contained pages
1-5, but that the later section(s) still have watermark turned on since the
header/footer areas (where watermarks reside) in the different document
sections are now unlinked.

If this is Word 2007, go to the first page on which you see a watermark, and
in the Page Layout tab, choose Watermark - Remove watermark. Do this for
each page on which watermarks are still visible.

If this is Word 2003 or earlier, do what you did for pages 1-5 for on each
page where you still see a watermark.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Kam127" wrote:

I have a document that has rotated graying texts on the edge of every
page
of the document that I want to remove. The texts only show up in the
print
layout view mode. Thought it was watermark text, but apparently not as
the
option
Format - Background - Printed Watermark
indicates there is no watermark.

Anyone has any suggestion as to how to remove the text?

Thanks

kli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fco. J. Perez Fco. J. Perez is offline

Thank you from Spain, it works

It's not intuitve solution but it works.

Thank you again.