Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shelly

Default un-merge a cell in word table

How do I un-merge a cell in a word table. I have 2 side by side columns of
tables. I am affecting the line in the first table when I try to go from 2
lines to 1 line (which I had previously merged)
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: un-merge a cell in word table

Sure, un-merging cells in a Word table is pretty easy. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, select the merged cell that you want to un-merge. To do this, click and drag your mouse over the cells to highlight them.
  2. Once you have selected the merged cell, go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Merge" section of the ribbon, you will see a button labeled "Split Cells." Click on this button.
  4. A dialog box will appear asking you how you want to split the cells. You can choose to split the cell into rows or columns, or you can specify a specific number of rows or columns to split it into. Make your selection and click "OK."
  5. The selected cell will now be un-merged and split into the number of rows or columns that you specified.

That's it! You have successfully un-merged a cell in your Word table.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

To unmerge a cell, you have to split it. Sometimes, it's easier to insert a
new row with all of the required cells, using the ability to insert below or
above a row, and then copy the required parts of the text in the merge cell
to the individual cells in the new row and then delete the row containing
the merged cell(s)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.