Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ron Ron is offline

Default How do I angle the header row in a Word table.

I am trying to angle the header row at say 45 degrees with the text alignment
going from bottom to top for easier reading. I only need thin columns but
have large headers, so this will save room and make viewing the document
easier.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I angle the header row in a Word table.

To angle the header row in a Word table, you can follow these steps:
  1. First, create your table by going to the "Insert" tab and selecting "Table." Choose the number of rows and columns you need.
  2. Next, select the header row by clicking on the first cell in the row and dragging your cursor to select the entire row.
  3. With the header row selected, go to the "Layout" tab and click on "Properties" in the "Table" group.
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, select the "Row" tab and click on the "Options" button.
  5. In the "Row Options" dialog box, check the box next to "Specify height" and enter a height for the row. This will ensure that the angled text fits within the row.
  6. Click "OK" to close the "Row Options" dialog box, then click "OK" again to close the "Table Properties" dialog box.
  7. With the header row still selected, go to the "Layout" tab and click on "Text Direction" in the "Alignment" group.
  8. Choose the angle you want for the text by clicking on one of the options in the drop-down menu. For example, you can choose "Rotate all text 45 degrees" to angle the text at 45 degrees.
  9. Your header row should now be angled with the text going from bottom to top. You can adjust the column widths as needed to make the table fit on the page.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You cannot angle headings in Word (this is possible in Excel), but you can
rotate the text 90 degrees using the Text Direction command.

http://word.mvps.org

"Ron" wrote in message
I am trying to angle the header row at say 45 degrees with the text
alignment
going from bottom to top for easier reading. I only need thin columns but
have large headers, so this will save room and make viewing the document
easier.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

You can rotate 90 degrees and have text running from top to bottom or bottom
to top using the table toolbar in Word 2002/3. It's a letter A with some
lines beside it. When in the cell you want to change, click and it will
rotate, and click again to change direction and a third time to bring back to
original layout. Does this help?
--
Rae Drysdale