Ciel Clair

Default Invisible Table Cell Borders

In older versions of MS Word I could create tables with invisible cell
boundaries by choosing "None" in Border Settings, and making sure that the
"Text Boundaries" option is Unchecked at Tools\Options\View\Print & Web
Layout Options. I am now working in MS Word 2002 and this process is not
working. The cell boundaries, that I do not want to be visible, are showing
up with grayed borders. These gray borders do not print, but I also do not
want them visible when the file is being viewed electronically. Any advise
is appreciated!
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 25 May 2005 13:24:02 -0700, "Ciel Clair" Ciel
wrote:

In older versions of MS Word I could create tables with invisible cell
boundaries by choosing "None" in Border Settings, and making sure that the
"Text Boundaries" option is Unchecked at Tools\Options\View\Print & Web
Layout Options. I am now working in MS Word 2002 and this process is not
working. The cell boundaries, that I do not want to be visible, are showing
up with grayed borders. These gray borders do not print, but I also do not
want them visible when the file is being viewed electronically. Any advise
is appreciated!

What you're seeing are the table gridlines
(
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm). Although
you can turn them off for your PC, you can't control whether others
have them turned on or off.

A trick that usually works is to turn on all the table's borders
(Format Borders & Shading) and color them white. That will hide the
gridlines if they're turned on, but will be invisible unless the
person has set the window background color for all Windows programs to
something other than white. (I happen to be one of those people. g)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Klaus Linke

A trick that usually works is to turn on all the table's borders
(Format Borders & Shading) and color them white. That will hide the
gridlines if they're turned on, but will be invisible unless the
person has set the window background color for all Windows programs to
something other than white. (I happen to be one of those people. g)

Sneaky!! I'll do that, too. Been fooled more than once by invisible =
(white bordered) tables...

Greetings,
Klaus
kathryngriffin1962

Or, select "table" on your toolbar, and toward the bottom you will see the
option to hide the gridlines. That way, it doesn't matter what your
background color is, the gridlines will not be visible.

invisible table border rog Tables 2 April 22nd 05 02:35 PM
Linked excel table loses borders on update Gary McGill Tables 2 March 27th 05 10:27 AM
Table AutoFormats vs. Table Styles confusion Tony Jollans Tables 5 March 6th 05 08:18 PM
word table cell resize or word table cell size change or word table change cell size [email protected] Tables 0 January 13th 05 10:55 PM
Making a Form :: Line Borders / Table Cells with Flowing Text John Microsoft Word Help 1 January 2nd 05 03:42 PM