Default Invisible text box borders DO print!

I have a Word 2000 document with a series of text boxes, the borders of
which are all set to "No line". But sometimes, at least on one client's
printer (HP 1320), the borders print! (They're running Word 2002 on XP
Pro.)

What do I suspect? The printer driver, even though this problem is
intermittent? Any ideas? I'm baffled!

katin42

It's not the printer "driver". I want to say it's printer related, but with
the problem being intermittent, it could be in how the document is sent to
the specific user. It's just an area to consider, unless the sending process
is consistent enough. If it is the printer, another option to try, if not
time consuming, is for the user to adjust the printer not to print embedded
images, unless necessary for a specific document.

Someone else might have something different to offer.

" wrote:

I have a Word 2000 document with a series of text boxes, the borders of
which are all set to "No line". But sometimes, at least on one client's
printer (HP 1320), the borders print! (They're running Word 2002 on XP
Pro.)

What do I suspect? The printer driver, even though this problem is
intermittent? Any ideas? I'm baffled!

Well.. it turns out it is the printer - I had them hook up a LaserJet 4
and it works fine. To get the 1320 to work consistenly, I had to
explicity change the text box's Fill from the default white to No Fill.
I also found that for the single frame on the page, I had to explicity
set its Fill to No Fill, its Style to Clear, and apply these to the
Paragraph. I have absolutely NO explanation why these changes allow the
HP 1320 to avoid priting borders that are set to No Line.