Desi

Default Add extra space between footnotes

Hello

Is there an automatic way to add extra space between footnotes? Using styles
does not work because if a footnote has more than one paragraph then they
will also have extra space between them.

Thanks in advance...

Stefan Blom

Is there no way you can avoid splitting a footnote into multiple
paragraphs? That would be the easiest solution: you could then simply
add Space After (or Space Before) to the Footnote Text paragraph
style.

If you feel that you have to divide a footnote into multiple
paragraphs, I can think of two ways to have different formatting for
those paragraphs.

You can resort to direct formatting (that is, override the style via
FormatParagraph).

Alternatively, apply a different style than Footnote Text to the
paragraphs that should have no spacing between them. This seems to
work, but I haven't tested it thoroughly.

--
Stefan Blom

"Desi" wrote in message
Hello

Is there an automatic way to add extra space between footnotes?

Using styles
does not work because if a footnote has more than one paragraph then

they
will also have extra space between them.

Thanks in advance...

I usually do add Space After to the Footnote Text style. If your footnotes
often have more than one paragraph, I would (a) apply Space Before instead,
(b) define a new Footnote Continue style (with no Space Before) and (c) make
it the "Style for following paragraph" for Footnote Text.

"Desi" wrote in message
Hello

Is there an automatic way to add extra space between footnotes? Using

styles
does not work because if a footnote has more than one paragraph then they
will also have extra space between them.

Thanks in advance...

Daiya Mitchell

Right, I never justify and didn't think about that. Will keep it in mind.