Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pa-cellist Pa-cellist is offline

Default How do I keep toolbars from opening automatically?

How do I keep toolbars from opening automatically? Most of the time I don't
want them and they just clutter up the screen.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word can be difficult to use without its toolbars - which ones are you
having problems with?
See if http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm and the
examples at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm point you
in the right direction.

Pa-cellist wrote:
How do I keep toolbars from opening automatically? Most of the time
I don't want them and they just clutter up the screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pa-cellist Pa-cellist is offline

I am thinking of the drawing toolbar (I have already closed the drawing
canvas), the text box toolbar and the comments toolbar. I have been using
various versions of Word for 20 years, have set up keyboard shortcuts, and
prefer as clean a screen as possible. To maintain that I stayed with Word 97
until this week, when business forces forced me to go to Word 2003.

Thanks,

Michael

Pa-cellist wrote:
How do I keep toolbars from opening automatically? Most of the time
I don't want them and they just clutter up the screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Read in conjunction with the second link I posted earlier, the following
macros in normal.dot should fix it.

Sub AutoNew()
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Drawing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Forms").Visible = False
CommandBars("Mail Merge").Visible = False
End Sub

Sub AutoExec()
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Drawing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Forms").Visible = False
CommandBars("Mail Merge").Visible = False
End Sub

I am not sure which bar you are referring to as the 'text box' toolbar.