olymbitis

Default Reverse page numbering

How do I number the pages in reverse? Number 1 on bottom page and highest
mumber on the top page? Is there such a feature?

Do you actually want to number the pages in reverse or just print the output
in reverse order? If the latter, check the "Reverse print order" box on the
Print tab of Tools | Options. If the former, see
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...FAQ.htm#RevNbr, but I doubt
that this would work for page numbering.

"olymbitis" wrote in message
How do I number the pages in reverse? Number 1 on bottom page and highest
mumber on the top page? Is there such a feature?

Jay Freedman

To number the pages in reverse, use a nested field,

{ = { NUMPAGES } - { PAGES } + 1}

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"olymbitis" wrote in message
How do I number the pages in reverse? Number 1 on bottom page and
highest mumber on the top page? Is there such a feature?

olymbitis

I want to do the former, have the pages numbered in reverse as they appear in
the document on the computer, not during Printing. The link you provided is
probably right on target. However, I am not sure what to do with those codes
and where to insert them. I am not a computer programmer. Do you know if MS
plans on having this feature installed/programmed on future Word software
versions? I am still interested on exercising the "Fields" option if you can
be of more help. Thanks much!

Ο χρήστης "Suzanne S. Barnhill" *γγραψε:

"olymbitis" wrote in message
How do I number the pages in reverse? Number 1 on bottom page and highest
mumber on the top page? Is there such a feature?

See Jay's reply, which should give you what you want. If you don't know how
to use those fields, post back.

"olymbitis" wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"olymbitis" wrote in message
How do I number the pages in reverse? Number 1 on bottom page and

highest
mumber on the top page? Is there such a feature?

olymbitis

When I try to enter these codes in the header or footer of the document it
gives me a syntax error. I do it via the Insert--Field menu. What am I not
doing correctly? Should I enter the code in a different place? Thank you.

Ο χρήστης "Jay Freedman" *γγραψε:

"olymbitis" wrote in message
How do I number the pages in reverse? Number 1 on bottom page and
highest mumber on the top page? Is there such a feature?

Greg Maxey

In the header or footer:
Type = NUMPAGES - PAGES + 1
Select NUMPAGES and press CTRL+F9
Select PAGES and press CTRL+F9
Select the entire expression and press CTRL+F9
Select the entire expression and press ALT+F9

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

"olymbitis" wrote in message
How do I number the pages in reverse? Number 1 on bottom page and
highest mumber on the top page? Is there such a feature?

olymbitis

DONE NOW! I thank all of you who helped. Keep it up!
Regards,
George

Ο χρήστης "Greg Maxey" *γγραψε: