Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
missthiss missthiss is offline

Default Can't print to the bottom of my page

I've recently bought a new laptop with Vista and installed my copy of Office
2003 onto it. When I now try to print documents I created on my old computer
(in office 2003) it chops off the bottom cm of text/graphics from each page.
I've fiddled around with margins and various other options but cannot find a
solution. I'd be very grateful for any advise on solving this problem!
Thanks
Jodie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

missthiss wrote:
I've recently bought a new laptop with Vista and installed my copy of
Office 2003 onto it. When I now try to print documents I created on
my old computer (in office 2003) it chops off the bottom cm of
text/graphics from each page. I've fiddled around with margins and
various other options but cannot find a solution. I'd be very
grateful for any advise on solving this problem! Thanks
Jodie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pranav Vaidya[_2_] Pranav Vaidya[_2_] is offline

did you look at the printer set up on your new laptop?
I think the default page size on the printer is set wrong.
You can change this by going to START-SETTINGS-PRINTERS & FAXES

HTH,
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"missthiss" wrote:

I've recently bought a new laptop with Vista and installed my copy of Office
2003 onto it. When I now try to print documents I created on my old computer
(in office 2003) it chops off the bottom cm of text/graphics from each page.
I've fiddled around with margins and various other options but cannot find a
solution. I'd be very grateful for any advise on solving this problem!
Thanks
Jodie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
missthiss missthiss is offline

Thanks to Graham and Pranav for your suggestions, but unfortunately they have
not helped.
I have checked both the printer settings and the page setup with my
husband's laptop, and although all settings are identical his will print the
document correctly whereas mine is still missing the bottom.

any more suggestions?

"missthiss" wrote:

I've recently bought a new laptop with Vista and installed my copy of Office
2003 onto it. When I now try to print documents I created on my old computer
(in office 2003) it chops off the bottom cm of text/graphics from each page.
I've fiddled around with margins and various other options but cannot find a
solution. I'd be very grateful for any advise on solving this problem!
Thanks
Jodie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Cawood, HND BIT Mike Cawood, HND BIT is offline

"missthiss" wrote:

I've recently bought a new laptop with Vista and installed my copy of
Office
2003 onto it. When I now try to print documents I created on my old
computer
(in office 2003) it chops off the bottom cm of text/graphics from each
page.
I've fiddled around with margins and various other options but cannot
find a
solution. I'd be very grateful for any advise on solving this problem!
Thanks
Jodie

Try uninstalling & reinstalling the printer software.
Mike.