Shelly Faye

Default How do I save individual letters in a mail merge?

When I produce a merge, and have says, 30 letters with different fields, etc
- I would like to save each letter individually. Besides deleting all the
pages except the one I am trying to save, and doing THAT 30 times - could I
indicated path and file name in the database, or is there something else that
would worK?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I save individual letters in a mail merge?

Yes, you can save each letter individually in a mail merge by using the "Merge to Individual Documents" feature in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps:
  1. Open your mail merge document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Mailings" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on "Finish & Merge" and select "Edit Individual Documents" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Merge to New Document" dialog box, select "All" under "Records" to merge all the letters.
  5. Click on "OK" to merge the letters into a new document.
  6. Save the new document with a unique name and location.

Now, you will have a new document with all the merged letters. To save each letter individually, follow these steps:
  1. Scroll through the new document and locate the first letter you want to save.
  2. Highlight the entire letter, including any headers or footers.
  3. Click on "File" in the ribbon and select "Save As" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Save As" dialog box, choose a unique name and location for the letter.
  5. Click on "Save" to save the letter as a separate document.
  6. Repeat steps 1-5 for each letter you want to save.

By following these steps, you can save each letter individually without having to delete pages or indicate a path and file name in the database.