Dermot

Default Maintaining Formating when copying and pasting..........Advise Ple

From a command promt, if I run "route print" for example and copy it and then
past it into note pad all the fromating columns are maintained.

If I paste the same content into a word 2002 doucument all the columns are
unaligned....
Question:-
Is there a way to prevent this misalignment of all the colums in word 2002,
when I copy and paste? I have noticed this problem in many different
situations with word.

Thanks
Dermot
Jezebel

Thie issue is that the columns you are starting with are created by spacing
out a mono-spaced font, such as is used in the Command prompt and in
notepad. Word normally uses proportional fonts, so the spacing is no longer
regular. The quick fix is to select all then apply a monospaced font (like
Courier).

The better fix, if you need to use the document for anything much or you
don't like Courier, is to replace multiple spaces with tabs. You can do that
using Find and Replace -- search for [space][space]^w and replace with ^t.

"Dermot" wrote in message
From a command promt, if I run "route print" for example and copy it and
then
past it into note pad all the fromating columns are maintained.

If I paste the same content into a word 2002 doucument all the columns are
unaligned....
Question:-
Is there a way to prevent this misalignment of all the colums in word
2002,
when I copy and paste? I have noticed this problem in many different
situations with word.

Thanks
Dermot

Dermot

Hi Jezebel,
How do I determine a mono-spaced etc font? or whatever type of font a font is?

I could not get:-
[space][space]^w
To work, I typed it exacly as typed here, but when I did the find and
replace it returned a message, 0 found and 0 replaced
Please advise,
Dermot

"Jezebel" wrote:

Thie issue is that the columns you are starting with are created by spacing
out a mono-spaced font, such as is used in the Command prompt and in
notepad. Word normally uses proportional fonts, so the spacing is no longer
regular. The quick fix is to select all then apply a monospaced font (like
Courier).

The better fix, if you need to use the document for anything much or you
don't like Courier, is to replace multiple spaces with tabs. You can do that
using Find and Replace -- search for [space][space]^w and replace with ^t.

"Dermot" wrote in message
From a command promt, if I run "route print" for example and copy it and
then
past it into note pad all the fromating columns are maintained.

If I paste the same content into a word 2002 doucument all the columns are
unaligned....
Question:-
Is there a way to prevent this misalignment of all the colums in word
2002,
when I copy and paste? I have noticed this problem in many different
situations with word.

Thanks
Dermot

Jezebel

Nearly all fonts are proportional spaced. Mono-spaced are the ones that look
like typewriting -- Courier, Letter Gothic, and just one or two others. If
you want a test, type two lines containing the same number of text
characters (not digits) and see if the characters align vertically.

For the Find and Replace: [space] means a single press of the space bar.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Thie issue is that the columns you are starting with are created by
spacing
out a mono-spaced font, such as is used in the Command prompt and in
notepad. Word normally uses proportional fonts, so the spacing is no
longer
regular. The quick fix is to select all then apply a monospaced font
(like
Courier).

The better fix, if you need to use the document for anything much or you
don't like Courier, is to replace multiple spaces with tabs. You can do
that
using Find and Replace -- search for [space][space]^w and replace with
^t.

"Dermot" wrote in message
From a command promt, if I run "route print" for example and copy it
and