dancinhomer71

Default How do I create a template that I can just tab to blanks and fill.

I am trying to develop a form that I can send where the majority of the text
will stay the same but the users can just tab and fill in the blanks.

Any help would be appreciated.
garfield-n-odie

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...nTheBlanks.htm .

dancinhomer71 wrote:

I am trying to develop a form that I can send where the majority of the text
will stay the same but the users can just tab and fill in the blanks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Charles Kenyon

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"dancinhomer71" wrote in message
I am trying to develop a form that I can send where the majority of the
text
will stay the same but the users can just tab and fill in the blanks.

Any help would be appreciated.

dogfly

I'll add my way since I just figured this out using Word 2002. The quick and
short version leaving all the fun design and formatting to you is this...
1. Create a template.
2. Make sure the Forms toolbar is available. (If not, View/Toolbars, then
click on Forms).
3. When you hit a point where you want the box for entering type, click on
the "ab" box in your new toolbar. You can then double click on that box (or
the Options box that is also on the toolbar) to open an options box. From
there you can change the Type from text to numbers...
4. When you are done, "protect" the document so you or another user can Tab
between the new boxes. (Tools/Protect Document (click on Form to lock the
entire document except for your new boxes), or hit the lock button on the
Forms toolbar).

If you need to have the values in the boxes added, see a thread from 2/17
(Forms- adding numbers from multiple "Text Form Fields"). There that I had
that was answered.

Again, this is just the quick and simple way to get you started.
Good luck.
Nick