Positioning diagrams in text

Old September 1st 18, 07:42 PM
mikeey mikeey is offline

Default Positioning diagrams in text

Hi. I'm typesetting a book which has quite a few diagrams. I'm wondering if anyone can help me to see the best way to position diagrams amidst text in such a way that there are no big gaps at the bottom of a page because a diagram got pushed onto the next page. I've found out how to put the diagram in a frame and have the text flow from the line above the diagram to the line below (though for some reason I'm struggling to get the frame to land where I want it to). But I'm hoping where a diagram won't fit immediately below the paragraph that it relates to, it is automatically moved to the top of the next page, with some of the text that originally came after the diagram moving back to fill the empty half page or so before the diagram. Can this be done on Word 2003?

Many thanks. Best wishes,

Mike

Find text in embedded Visio diagrams within a Word document. DarrenD Microsoft Word Help 0 April 20th 10 01:48 PM
Find text in embedded Visio diagrams within a Word document. DarrenD Microsoft Word Help 0 April 20th 10 01:48 PM
Text box positioning PMS Page Layout 0 March 26th 10 01:46 PM
spider diagrams/mind mapping diagrams in word 2007???? Uzee Microsoft Word Help 2 February 14th 07 11:18 AM
Venn diagrams... How do I enter text? davedave Page Layout 3 March 10th 06 06:55 AM