joanmarie

Default paginate using keep with next?

I need to paginate by NOT using hard returns and use keep with next
ONLY...how do I do this?
KiwiFire

Have you tried this:
1. Select the paragraphs you want to keep together on a page.
2. On the Format menu, click Paragraph, and then click the Line and Page
Breaks tab.
3. Select the Keep with next check box.

"joanmarie" wrote:

I need to paginate by NOT using hard returns and use keep with next
ONLY...how do I do this?

Graham Mayor

Hard returns mark the ends of paragraphs - so if you only have one
paragraph, Keep with Next is not going to do anything.
Word will naturally wrap to the page length determined by the printer driver
and your margin settings.
Keep with next should only be applied to those paragraphs that should be
kept together eg a heading and the paragraph that follows it. If you apply
it to all paragraphs then it does nothing.