Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Oyvind Oyvind is offline

Default How do I set "space after" for a table style (Word 2003)?

When creating tables, I would like to have a setting "space after" to ensure
some spacing without using empty paragraphs.

I can do this for each table by changing Table Properties, setting the text
wrapping to "Around", and then setting the distance from surrounding text
via "Positioning". However, I can't get at this setting when creating or
modifying a Table Style.

Is this at all possible, or is there another way to automatically insert the
required spacing? Right now I use an extra paragraph, and just had to track
down and remove an empty page because the table was at the very end of both
a chapter and a page.

Any help appreciated!

Oyvind

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

I believe that's about the best way you can do it...at least, that's
how *I* have been doing it for MANY years.

Although I actually create a TableSpacer style and apply that style to
the para marker after the table so I can not only easily adjust the
spacing, but also find them all once the doc is finished to make any
of those "tweaking" fixes to pull things up/push down as needed.

If someone knows a better way, I'd like to hear about it, too! ;-)

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified, Editor/TechTrax

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:59:09 +0200, "Oyvind"
peroy.at.no.broadpark.lasttworeversed wrote:

When creating tables, I would like to have a setting "space after" to ensure
some spacing without using empty paragraphs.

I can do this for each table by changing Table Properties, setting the text
wrapping to "Around", and then setting the distance from surrounding text
via "Positioning". However, I can't get at this setting when creating or
modifying a Table Style.

Is this at all possible, or is there another way to automatically insert the
required spacing? Right now I use an extra paragraph, and just had to track
down and remove an empty page because the table was at the very end of both
a chapter and a page.

Any help appreciated!

Oyvind

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

You can define a 6 pt while bottom border in the table style for the last
row, if your table does not have borders.
But that's a large "if", and a kludge.

Klaus

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

HA! Good trick, Klaus!g

Yeah, I love using white borders for breaking the look of a
table...just never thought about that one! ;-)

Dian ~

"Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Oyvind Oyvind is offline

Klaus, I just like that little trick! It's going to take care of most of my
tables, since they don't have any visible border. And I can certainly live
with the odd table getting a few rows moved to the next page due to the size
of the border (beats an extra blank page any day). Thanks!

Oyvind

news

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
Table Format Style vs. Table Text Style WebColin Page Layout 11 December 2nd 05 12:29 AM
Word 2003 table style confusion Coder Droid Tables 4 February 18th 05 07:05 PM