Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abbigalesandyrae

Default How do I insert a picture and have it automatically sized to 4x6

How do I make an image palce holder in Word which allows me to insert a
picture from a file into a document template and have the picture
automatically ajusted to 4 x 6 and placed in the loaction I want?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Prepare the picture before importing it into Word. Set the size to 4 x 6 and
the resolution to whatever you have Word defaulting to (normally 96 dpi).

"abbigalesandyrae" wrote in
message ...
How do I make an image palce holder in Word which allows me to insert a
picture from a file into a document template and have the picture
automatically ajusted to 4 x 6 and placed in the loaction I want?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Another alternative is to insert a one-cell table in Word, and click Table
AutoFit Fixed Column Width. Set the cell's size to 4 x 6 either by
dragging its edges or in the Table Table Properties dialog. You can turn
off the border lines by pressing Ctrl+Alt+U or in the Format Borders &
Shading dialog. Insert the picture in the cell, and it will be sized to fit
in the cell.

If your version of Word has an "Insert/paste pictures as" dropdown in the
Tools Options Edit dialog, set it to "In line with text"; otherwise,
you'll have to select the picture after you paste it and use the Text
Wrapping button on the Picture toolbar to make it inline.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jezebel wrote:
Prepare the picture before importing it into Word. Set the size to 4
x 6 and the resolution to whatever you have Word defaulting to
(normally 96 dpi).

"abbigalesandyrae" wrote
in message ...
How do I make an image palce holder in Word which allows me to
insert a picture from a file into a document template and have the
picture automatically ajusted to 4 x 6 and placed in the loaction I
want?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Not all pictures have 4"x 6" proportions.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"abbigalesandyrae" wrote in
message ...
How do I make an image palce holder in Word which allows me to insert a
picture from a file into a document template and have the picture
automatically ajusted to 4 x 6 and placed in the loaction I want?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I phrased that poorly. I should have said that no all pictures have a 4 x 6
proportion without manipulation.

(Good catch.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jezebel" wrote in message
They do if you crop or stretch them that way.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Not all pictures have 4"x 6" proportions.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"abbigalesandyrae" wrote in
message ...
How do I make an image palce holder in Word which allows me to insert a
picture from a file into a document template and have the picture
automatically ajusted to 4 x 6 and placed in the loaction I want?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert a picture and have it automatically sized to 4x6

Sure thing! Here's how you can insert a picture and have it automatically sized to 4x6 in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your Word document and click on the location where you want to insert the picture.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu bar.
  3. Click on the "Pictures" button and select the picture you want to insert from your computer.
  4. Once the picture is inserted, click on it to select it.
  5. Click on the "Format" tab in the top menu bar.
  6. In the "Size" section, click on the "Height" box and type "6" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  7. The "Width" box should automatically adjust to maintain the aspect ratio of the picture. If it doesn't, click on the "Width" box and type "4" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  8. Your picture should now be sized to 4x6!

As for creating an image placeholder in Word, here's how you can do that:
  1. Open your Word document and click on the location where you want to insert the image placeholder.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu bar.
  3. Click on the "Shapes" button and select the rectangle shape.
  4. Draw the rectangle shape on your document where you want the image placeholder to be.
  5. Right-click on the rectangle shape and select "Format Shape" from the dropdown menu.
  6. In the "Format Shape" pane that appears on the right side of the screen, click on the "Size & Properties" icon (it looks like a box with a ruler).
  7. In the "Size" section, set the height to 6 inches and the width to 4 inches.
  8. Click on the "Text Box" icon in the "Format Shape" pane.
  9. Check the box next to "Do not Autofit" and click "OK".
  10. Your image placeholder is now ready! To insert an image, simply right-click on the rectangle shape and select "Change Picture" from the dropdown menu. Select the image you want to insert and it will automatically be sized to fit the placeholder.