Dave Neve

Default Putting 'to the attention of' on an envelope

Hi

Long time no problem but I would really like to put

'Att:Mr X' in the bottom left hand corner of my envelopes printed with 'Word
2002.

At the moment, I've tried using 'insert a text' on the envelope on screen
but it doesn't appear at the moment of printing.

Surprisingly, it does appear if the envelope is incorporated into the
document but that is on an A4 Sheet (not the envelope)

While writing this, does anyone know of a way to print envelopes directly
from my Outlook carnet using Word?

Thanks in advance as always.

Dave Neve

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Putting 'to the attention of' on an envelope

Hi Dave,

To add "Att: Mr X" in the bottom left-hand corner of your envelopes printed with Word 2002, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open a new blank document in Word 2002.
  2. Click on "Tools" in the menu bar and select "Letters and Mailings" and then "Envelopes and Labels".
  3. In the "Envelopes and Labels" dialog box, click on the "Envelopes" tab.
  4. In the "Delivery address" section, type in the recipient's name and address.
  5. In the "Return address" section, type in your name and address.
  6. Click on the "Add to Document" button to insert the envelope into your document.
  7. Once the envelope is inserted into your document, you can add "Att: Mr X" in the bottom left-hand corner by clicking on "Insert" in the menu bar, selecting "Text Box", and then choosing the "Simple Text Box" option.
  8. Click and drag the text box to the bottom left-hand corner of the envelope and type in "Att: Mr X".
  9. Adjust the font, size, and color of the text as desired.
  10. Print the envelope by clicking on "File" in the menu bar and selecting "Print".

Regarding your second question, you can print envelopes directly from your Outlook contacts using Word by following these steps:
  1. Open a new blank document in Word.
  2. Click on "Tools" in the menu bar and select "Letters and Mailings" and then "Envelopes and Labels".
  3. In the "Envelopes and Labels" dialog box, click on the "Envelopes" tab.
  4. Click on the "Options" button and select "Custom" under "Envelope Options".
  5. In the "Custom Envelope" dialog box, select "Outlook" under "Delivery address".
  6. Choose the contact you want to use from your Outlook contacts list.
  7. Click on "OK" to close the "Custom Envelope" dialog box.
  8. Type in your return address in the "Return address" section.
  9. Click on the "Add to Document" button to insert the envelope into your document.
  10. Print the envelope by clicking on "File" in the menu bar and selecting "Print".
__________________
Graham Mayor

You will find envelope templates on the downloads page of my web site that
integrate with Outlook and add an attention line. The techniques involved
are explained in the Word Tips on my site also.

Dave Neve wrote:
Hi

Long time no problem but I would really like to put

'Att:Mr X' in the bottom left hand corner of my envelopes printed
with 'Word 2002.

At the moment, I've tried using 'insert a text' on the envelope on
screen but it doesn't appear at the moment of printing.

Surprisingly, it does appear if the envelope is incorporated into the
document but that is on an A4 Sheet (not the envelope)

While writing this, does anyone know of a way to print envelopes
directly from my Outlook carnet using Word?

Thanks in advance as always.

Dave Neve

If you're using A4, then presumably you're not in the U.S., but note that
USPS regulations prohibit attention lines (or any other text) at the bottom
of envelopes where they would interfere with the bar code read area. There
may be a similar regulation elsewhere.

"Dave Neve" wrote in message
Hi

Long time no problem but I would really like to put

'Att:Mr X' in the bottom left hand corner of my envelopes printed with

'Word
2002.

At the moment, I've tried using 'insert a text' on the envelope on screen
but it doesn't appear at the moment of printing.

Surprisingly, it does appear if the envelope is incorporated into the
document but that is on an A4 Sheet (not the envelope)

While writing this, does anyone know of a way to print envelopes directly
from my Outlook carnet using Word?

Thanks in advance as always.

Dave Neve

Dave Neve

Gee Graham

And I thought that I must be the first person to have thought of this

Thanks
"Graham Mayor" a écrit dans le message de news:
You will find envelope templates on the downloads page of my web site that
integrate with Outlook and add an attention line. The techniques involved
are explained in the Word Tips on my site also.

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org