Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GDCross GDCross is offline

Default Recording Changes to Changes

The Security setting "Remove personal information (RPI) from file properties
on save" seems to be flawed in that it saves changes to changes. Allow me to
illustrate:

* Let's assume I create a document containing the word "dog", turn on Track
Changes, turn on RPI, and then email it to a colleague.
* When this person receives it, they change "dog" to "cat". But when they
save it, the track change insert comment shows the word "dogcat".
* When I get it back, change "cat" to "pig", save it, then the track change
insert comment shows the word "pigdogcat".

As opposed to the RPI security setting removing personal information, it
retains it in this instance (quite a major issue when dealing with changes to
legal documents). And the kicker is when this setting is not on, Word does
not track these intermediary changes. I believe RPI should not save
intermediary changes, just like Word does when it is not on.

I hope this makes sense. If not, let me know.

Giorgio DiPaolo, CtCS

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Recording a Macro dorita Microsoft Word Help 1 October 17th 06 06:59 AM
Macro not recording mailmerge LDanix Mailmerge 3 August 24th 06 07:47 AM
recording internet radio russ Microsoft Word Help 2 January 24th 06 07:55 AM
Macro Recording Problem PA New Users 1 December 7th 05 03:26 AM
Word XP - Recording a Macro Cokes Microsoft Word Help 1 August 8th 05 03:27 PM