Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarieInLaguna MarieInLaguna is offline

Default How do I change the background color and font color in word docum

I have my word docs with a blue background and white font - for easier
vision. However, my job wants me to use black. When I pull up their standard,
all of the settings change, in black on white. How can I change to black on
white and not lose the settings on the document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Marie

MarieInLaguna wrote:
I have my word docs with a blue background and white font - for easier
vision. However, my job wants me to use black. When I pull up their standard,
all of the settings change, in black on white. How can I change to black on
white and not lose the settings on the document?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "pull up their standard".

In any case, the answer to your questions depends a lot on the version
of Word and OS you are using.

In versions of Word up to 2003, there's a compatibility setting (under
Tools | Options | General) that let's you display the document with
"blue background, white text." That's pretty much what you want to do
(instead of changing the actual text colors etc.).

This option is gone in Word 2007 (probably because not enough people
have used it in the past). You can try one of the three Office "layouts"
(probably not the correct term), or you can of course tell your OS to
change your (Windows) profile (I like to play with a "high contrast
black" from time to time). That's something that would work for all
applications, not only Word.

HTH
Robert
--