Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Di Di is offline

Default XP and Vista Fonts in Word

I had to buy a new computer recently, as mine gave up on me. The new one has
Vista installed-the old one was XP.

When using XP, I used a font called 'technical' a lot, when using 'Word' but
Vista doesn't list this font. I have looked in the font folder and it isn't
there. Took a look at some websites but can't seem to find it. Also am not
sure which are good sites for downloading fonts.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.
--
D.T.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That font has never been included by Microsoft with any program or operating
system.
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

You must have installed it with a non-MS program. Time to get out those CDs.
(I'll be doing the same thing this weekend.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Di" wrote in message
news
I had to buy a new computer recently, as mine gave up on me. The new one
has
Vista installed-the old one was XP.

When using XP, I used a font called 'technical' a lot, when using 'Word'
but
Vista doesn't list this font. I have looked in the font folder and it
isn't
there. Took a look at some websites but can't seem to find it. Also am
not
sure which are good sites for downloading fonts.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.
--
D.T.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Di Di is offline

Thanks JoAnn. Haven't a clue where it came from - and of course many of my
software programs don't work on Vista. So it's a matter of finding a new
favourite font. Pity. It was a good one.
--
D.T.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

That font has never been included by Microsoft with any program or operating
system.
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

You must have installed it with a non-MS program. Time to get out those CDs.
(I'll be doing the same thing this weekend.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Di" wrote in message
news
I had to buy a new computer recently, as mine gave up on me. The new one
has
Vista installed-the old one was XP.

When using XP, I used a font called 'technical' a lot, when using 'Word'
but
Vista doesn't list this font. I have looked in the font folder and it
isn't
there. Took a look at some websites but can't seem to find it. Also am
not
sure which are good sites for downloading fonts.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.
--
D.T.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I'll be finding out what does and doesn't this weekend. I considered doing
the Easy Transfer but I'm going to start from scratch. time to develop new
habits and skills and lose many fonts. with over 900, I can afford to lose
one or two. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

That font has never been included by Microsoft with any program or
operating
system.
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

You must have installed it with a non-MS program. Time to get out those
CDs.
(I'll be doing the same thing this weekend.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Di" wrote in message
news
I had to buy a new computer recently, as mine gave up on me. The new one
has
Vista installed-the old one was XP.

When using XP, I used a font called 'technical' a lot, when using
'Word'
but
Vista doesn't list this font. I have looked in the font folder and it
isn't
there. Took a look at some websites but can't seem to find it. Also
am
not
sure which are good sites for downloading fonts.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.
--
D.T.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sinclair Sinclair is offline

JoAnn,

I am 100% sure it was included with Windows ME.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

That font has never been included by Microsoft with any program or
operating
system.
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

You must have installed it with a non-MS program. Time to get out those
CDs.
(I'll be doing the same thing this weekend.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Di" wrote in message
news I had to buy a new computer recently, as mine gave up on me. The new one
has
Vista installed-the old one was XP.

When using XP, I used a font called 'technical' a lot, when using
'Word'
but
Vista doesn't list this font. I have looked in the font folder and it
isn't
there. Took a look at some websites but can't seem to find it. Also
am
not
sure which are good sites for downloading fonts.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.
--
D.T.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Nope. check the link I sent the OP. Technical is not listed in there at all.
I looked before I posted.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Di" wrote in message
news I had to buy a new computer recently, as mine gave up on me. The new
one
has
Vista installed-the old one was XP.

When using XP, I used a font called 'technical' a lot, when using
'Word'
but
Vista doesn't list this font. I have looked in the font folder and
it
isn't
there. Took a look at some websites but can't seem to find it.
Also
am
not
sure which are good sites for downloading fonts.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.
--
D.T.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sinclair Sinclair is offline

JoAnn,

I checked the link and I didn't see Windows Me included in that product name
list.

"Di" wrote in message
news I had to buy a new computer recently, as mine gave up on me. The new
one
has
Vista installed-the old one was XP.

When using XP, I used a font called 'technical' a lot, when using
'Word'
but
Vista doesn't list this font. I have looked in the font folder and
it
isn't
there. Took a look at some websites but can't seem to find it.
Also
am
not
sure which are good sites for downloading fonts.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.
--
D.T.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I have that font at home and I wouldn't be caught dead with ME.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Di" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sinclair Sinclair is offline

JoAnn,

I wouldn't either. I used that piece of (euphemism) junk for only 15 days
then I threw it away.

"Di" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Technical is Corel's clone of the Linotype font named Tekton. The OP's
copy might have come with CorelDRAW or with WordPerfect.

You can download Technical from
http://eknp.com/php/fd.php?f=technical, although I suspect it's a
copyright infringement.

Tekton is available commercially from