Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Happy Chappy Happy Chappy is offline

Default how do I stop "Word is finishing analyzing your document"?

When I load a large file it takes about 2-3 minutes with the above words in
the bottom left corner - esc does not help.

I have unchecked all the embed smart tags, pdf template - which keeps coming
back, and now I get control toolbox automatically loading for no reason...

there's nothing really on the web, anyone have any clear ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's probably a third-party add-in to Word that causes this problem.
Possible suspects are PDF Complete, Dymo LabelWriter, and Adobe. What
add-ins do you have installed? See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...sInstalled.htm .

Happy Chappy wrote:
When I load a large file it takes about 2-3 minutes with the above words in
the bottom left corner - esc does not help.

I have unchecked all the embed smart tags, pdf template - which keeps coming
back, and now I get control toolbox automatically loading for no reason...

there's nothing really on the web, anyone have any clear ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Happy Chappy[_2_] Happy Chappy[_2_] is offline

Thanks GFNO,

I removed the pdfmaker and brother label maker files from the Startup
directory (I had to search for all "startup" to ensure that I got the right
one). At this stage, when I open my typical contacts.doc (220 pages) it does
NOT go through the analyzing process. So thanks for the advice. (I had
earlier unchecked all options in PDF for conversion and other likely option;
also no COM add-ins, unchecked the toolbars under the global area (didn't
help until I deleted them)), so I have had a good go at getting rid of this
problem.

So far so good,

thanks again,

Happier Chappy