Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Making visible the anchor point for floating drawing canvas

I followed http://www.ai.uga.edu/mc/FloatFigWord.pdf to create
floating figures. In Word 2003, the advanced layout options I used to
put the drawing canvas at the top of a column we

* Text Wrapping: Top and bottom
* Picture Position:
- Horizontal: "Alignment" "Left" relative to "Column"
- Vertical: "Alignment" "Top" relative to "Margin"

I can switch between the above positioning and "In line with text" to
see where the figure is when it isn't floating. I also noted that
even when the figure was floating, deleting the text where it resides
when it is inline would also cause the floating figure to be deleted.
This means there is an "anchor" point at the place where it resides
when it is inline.

Is there a way to make this anchor visible so that I don't go deleting
it, and so that I know when the anchor is pushed to another new column
when composing/editing? Tools-Options-View allows me to activate
visibility of object anchors, but that's only when the object (the
drawing canvas in this case) is selected.