Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mkate Mkate is offline

Default Bullet Formatting Problem

Hello,

I use a template for formatting proposal documents and am having a problem
with the bullets. Every so often when I copy text into my master document, I
lose the bullet formatting. I always copy information in as unformatted text
and use the template formatting styles for my document. When I try to format
the bullets, I am not able to re-apply the bullet style if I have lost them.
Usually I can reattch my template select update styles and that will usually
work.

Unfortunatey, all of our boilerplate content was recently moved to a data
center that does not allow storage of DOC format documents so we had to
convert all our files to XML. Now when users download the BP files, there
seem to be more occurrences of the "missing bullets".

I have read the various threads on setting up bullets and do not believe
that the bullets in this template were set up with List Bullet initially. Is
there a way to fix these bullets to make them more stable so users are not
losing them.

Sorry for the long message but wanted to provide enough background.

--
Mkate