Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Laurie

Default How do I save a file as an ASCII file?

When I've saved as a plain text file from word it creates the *.txt file but
some of my formatting is lost.

However, when I save as a print file with continuous breaks, that doesn't
happen. My next problem is that, although I've been able to open the file
Word or Note Pad and it looks perfect, I have been unable to open the same
file in another program that I use ASCII files with and it registers the
first page # as 1947 and will not allow me to change to page #1. I've send
the files to Tech Support of the other program and am waiting to hear from
them as to what the problem is.

"Jerry Bodoff" wrote:

Hi lldjc,

An ASCII file is a plain text file without all the WORD
type enhancements. You could save a WORD document as
a .TXT file and you will have an ASCII file.

Jerry B.
What is an ASCII file and how can I save a word document

as one?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]