How do I print an A6 sized document 4 times on an A4 page?

Old January 10th 06, 02:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How do I print an A6 sized document 4 times on an A4 page?

Hello,

I have used somebody else's template in MS Word to create a thank you note
that I wish to print a lot of. I would like to print it 4 times on an A4 page
however it always prints only once in the top middle of the page and fills
about a quarter of the space on the page.

When I look at the settings for paper size it says it should be printed on
paper that is 10.16 x 15.24cm. This is A6 paper isn't it?

Is there a way that I can set up this document so that it prints 4 times on
one A4 page?

Thank you very much.

Old January 10th 06, 10:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Thanks Suzanne. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work. It
just printed out 4 pages, each with one small note in the top middle of the
page.

Does anyone else have any ideas as to how I can do this please?

Thanks again.

Old January 11th 06, 12:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You need to create the document as A4, then use "4 pages per sheet" in the
Print dialog. Alternatively, copy/paste the same text three more times on
the same page (using a 2x2 table or newsletter-style columns).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have just one of the thank-you note, you have to tell Word to

print
pages 1,1,1,1

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old January 11th 06, 07:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://www.gmayor.com/print_multiple_copies.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old May 30th 06, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Graham Mayor wrote:
See http://www.gmayor.com/print_multiple_copies.htm

I am very grateful to you for posting this reply and posting the
information on your webpage. This presented a very neat solution to a
thorny problem I was having and couldn't see a resolution to.