Problem with an endnote reference in a footnote

Old May 27th 05, 03:21 AM
Frank Drost

Default Problem with an endnote reference in a footnote

I have an endnote reference in a footnote. Instead of just printing the
authors and the year of publication, e.g. (white, black et al., 2005), it
writes all info as it is listed in my final endnote list. That means, the
authors, title, publication, year, page nr's etc with underlining and italic
text included. It seems I have this problem only in this footnote and no
where else (it doesn't happen in the main text). Does anyone have an idea why
this happens? And what can I do so that the endnote reference is the way I
want it, like (white, black et al., 2005)?

Thanks.

Old May 27th 05, 07:51 AM
Daiya Mitchell

Are you talking about the third-party program EndNote?

I think you need to check the settings for the style in use in the EndNote
Style Manager and see what it says should be included in a footnote.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

footnote to endnote conversion problem Jeff New Users 5 May 20th 05 12:01 PM
footnote problem Frank Drost New Users 1 May 20th 05 12:22 AM
Footnote reference mark in parenthesis Ian Microsoft Word Help 5 February 7th 05 05:59 PM
Footnote problem ilyaz New Users 4 February 4th 05 06:51 PM
How do I make an endnote to a footnote? Ayankinoz Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 04 09:09 PM