not able to unprotect

Old July 6th 05, 05:29 PM
Kathy P

Default not able to unprotect

I have a form that I have created in word 2000 that I have completed,
protected and am ready to send off. Problem is that once the document is
re-opened the ability to type in my form fields is gone, the ability to
un-protect the sheet is gone, eveything is basically grayed out, so the
person trying to fill out the form can't do anything. I have tried to do a
save as, but the only thing that works is when I have saved the form as a
template, and created a "new" document based off the template... The same
thing happens though once the document has been closed, it shuts all options
down. I have to email this form all over the company, so the users won't
have the form as a template, so that option just won't work. Any ideas?
Help!
Old July 6th 05, 06:36 PM
Kathy P

I created in word, using the toolbar-forms options, in design mode. I have
text boxes and check boxes. I locked the form with the key lock symbol. is
that what you mean?

Old July 6th 05, 08:11 PM
Kathy P

Just in case anyone reads this and has the same problem... I have found the
solution (thanks to reading an old post). The problem is in the control
toolbox buttons that I was using... it triggers something in macros.
Basically, go to tools--macro--security and change to medium. It will prompt
future users to enable macros, if they hit yes the form will work.

Old July 6th 05, 09:04 PM
Anne Troy

That's the harder way to create a fill-in form, yes. The easier way, which
doesn't usually require any macros is he
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com