What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?

Old September 12th 09, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
glacken1

Default What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?

What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?
Old September 12th 09, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_]

A contextual spelling error:

The fair is crowed this year. I hope to see you their.

their is underlined with blue squiggy line. It is spelled correctly but
used out of context.

--
Greg Maxey

See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them
better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is
marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly...who knows
the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a
worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high
achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while
daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and
timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat." - TR

Old September 12th 09, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trip_to_tokyo

It means that you have misspelt the word. Please click on Yes if my posting
is helpful to you.

Old September 12th 09, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_]

ttt

Red squiggly lines are for misspelt words like the one in this sentence.

Blue squiggly lines are for contextual spelling errors. There word by
itself isn't misspelled; it is just the wrong spelling for the context
(e.g., He was too week to lift the box).

Old September 12th 09, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders

A red squiggly underline indicates a misspelled word. The blue
squiggly underline indicates a correctly spelled word used in the
wrong context, i.e., their instead of there.

Cheryl

Old October 24th 12, 11:08 PM
Yllaria Yllaria is offline

Is there any way to turn the contextual spelling check off? It goes wonky for quick notes and to do lists - things where you're not writing in complete sentences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Flanders View Post

Old September 12th 18, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 2:56:01 PM UTC-4, glacken1 wrote:
What does the squiggely blue underline on my word documents mean?

idk