Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rockeye rockeye is offline

Default Small squares in text

After saving document, I close it and when I reopen it, the text had been
converted to a bunch of small squares. Is there a way to recover the
orginial text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unexpected characters are added to your document in Word 2002 and in Word
2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329366

or

WD2002: Symbol Characters Are Changed to Box Characters

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]