Frustrated

Default How do I get WORD back to the original format?

Somehow, I changed the format of the WORD page and I want to get it back to
normal. I am challenged when it comes to working with WORD, but it is
frustrating to have this problem and not be able to figure it out. Please
explain how to get the original format back.
Pat Garard

G'Day Frustrated,

You don't tell us what version of Word.

You don't tell us what the 'normal' format means (to YOU!).

You don't tell us what you DID - all very frustrating (to ME).

Suggestions:
1. Hit the ESC key (in case you are in Full Screen).

2. On the Menu:
ViewNormal
This will give you "Normal" view which many people use because
it is useful for very fast typists - you will see NO layout or graphics.

3. On the Menu:
ViewPrint Layout OR ViewPage Layout (depends on

Word version)
This is the view that most people prefer since it shows the correct
layout and all graphics.

IF none of this is what you want THEN
Execute suggestion 3. above AND
Describe what is now unsatisfactory in another post.
END IF
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Frustrated" wrote in message
Somehow, I changed the format of the WORD page and I want to get it back
normal. I am challenged when it comes to working with WORD, but it is
frustrating to have this problem and not be able to figure it out. Please
explain how to get the original format back.

Pat Garard

Good Pickup Suzanne!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Frustrated" wrote in message
Somehow, I changed the format of the WORD page and I want to get it back

normal. I am challenged when it comes to working with WORD, but it is
frustrating to have this problem and not be able to figure it out.
Please
explain how to get the original format back.

TF

Pat

Suzanne often manages to read a convoluted post and extract the right
question in order to give the correct answer. It has to be some sixth sense!

Terry Farrell

"Pat Garard" apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau wrote in message
: Good Pickup Suzanne!
: --
: Regards,
: Pat Garard
: Melbourne, Australia
: _______________________
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: ...
: See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
: so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Frustrated" wrote in message
: ...
: Somehow, I changed the format of the WORD page and I want to get it
back
: normal. I am challenged when it comes to working with WORD, but it is
: frustrating to have this problem and not be able to figure it out.
: Please
: explain how to get the original format back.
:
:
:

TF

We do seem to occasionally get very long-winded questions which (if you have
the patience to study) often précis to something as simple as 'I can't
delete text'.

tf

[...]
: : --
: : Regards,
: : Pat Garard
: : Melbourne, Australia
: : _______________________
: :
: : "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: : ...
[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Mary Sauer (Publisher MVP) has a similar ability. She can read a post that
seems to give you absolutely no clue what they are talking about and she
nails it.

These women are a definite credit to the MVP program!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

[...]

Graham Mayor

A few years ago, they would have been burned at the stake

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Frustrated" wrote in
message ...
Somehow, I changed the format of the WORD page and I want to get
it back to normal. I am challenged when it comes to working with
WORD, but it is frustrating to have this problem and not be able
to figure it out. Please
explain how to get the original format back.

Pat Garard

G'Day JoAnn,

I am slightly ashamed of my fellow males, who responded
within seconds of each other.

http://explorersfoundation.org/glyphery/122.html was written
by a lady, and then attributed to Nelson Mandela who quoted
her in a 1994 speech.

Sorry fellas, you may know which side of the bread has the butter,
but I'm going for Jam (Is that Jelly in USspeak?)!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Pat Garard

Or Woman's Intuition?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Jam and jelly are two different substances. Jam is made by mashing fruit,
adding sugar and simmering until it reaches proper consistency. Preserves
(my favorite) is made so the fruit maintains its shape. Jelly can only be
made out of fruits that contain enough pectin, these fruits are, plums,
apples, grapes, and berries such as raspberries, blackberries, and
cranberries. Also jelly is made by extracting the juice from the fresh fruit
and cooking it with sugar.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

[...]

Sometimes I get the wrong end of the stick just as badly as anyone else,
though. When I'm rushing through NG posts looking for "keywords" that can be
answered with boilerplate (or more often a link to one of my/our FAQs) I
remind myself of the tech support bots that answer the FAQ your question
superficially resembles rather than the question you're actually asking
(which they've never encountered before and which is completely over their
heads). I find that if a tech support person doesn't "get it" the first time
around, no amount of further explanation will get you any forrader; I hope
we're a little more intelligent in this forum. g

[...]

Pat Garard

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
also
MVP Les Délices de Prouvenço [Jams and Jellies]
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Ooh - I like that! It sounds so.....................French! ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

[...]

TF

Pat

It is just our anti-PC sense of humour!

Terry

"Pat Garard" apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau wrote in message
: G'Day JoAnn,
:
[...]

Pat Garard

Well, I sure as hell got told which was Jam and which was Jelly!!
`(:-{
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Well, there is a difference. I will eat apple jelly but that's about it for
jelly. Preserves, specifically strawberry, is my all-time favorite on a
PB&J. And make sure it's extra crunchy peanut butter.

Nutella and peanut butter is good too. It's like dessert!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Pat Garard

http://www.lesdelicesdeprouvenco.com/
`[:-}
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Nice site but out of date. there's an offer of buy 5 jars and get 6 if you
order before 8/31/2002. I could understand March of this year but August of
2002?

The pear-vanilla and the peach-Muscat de Beaumes de Venise and almonds sound
heavenly! Too bad there were no prices available.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

[...]

I like the Bonne Maman Four-Fruit preserves myself. I need to remember to
eat more Nutella, though; I keep getting more coupons for it and can't use
them because I've never made it through the first jar (bought at my
son-in-law's encouragement).

Pat Garard

`[:-{
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

[...]

TF

Hazelnut Chocolate Spread and Peanut Butter sandwiches - YEH!

Terry Farrell

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
: Well, there is a difference. I will eat apple jelly but that's about it
for
: jelly. Preserves, specifically strawberry, is my all-time favorite on a
: PB&J. And make sure it's extra crunchy peanut butter.
:
: Nutella and peanut butter is good too. It's like dessert!
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
:
:
:
: "Pat Garard" apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau wrote in message
: ...
: Well, I sure as hell got told which was Jam and which was Jelly!!
: `(:-{
: --
: Regards,
: Pat Garard
: Melbourne, Australia
: _______________________
:
[...]
: : : --
: : : Regards,
: : : Pat Garard
: : : Melbourne, Australia
: : : _______________________
: : :
: : : "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: : : ...
[...]

Amedee Van Gasse

Suzanne S. Barnhill shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I like the Bonne Maman Four-Fruit preserves myself. I need to
remember to eat more Nutella, though; I keep getting more coupons for
it and can't use them because I've never made it through the first
jar (bought at my son-in-law's encouragement).

UI: Suzanne has a son-in-law therefore she must have a daughter that is
of age, therefore Suzanne's age cannot be lower than ... (do the maths
yourself, it's not polite to ask a woman for her age.)

;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

I make no secret of my age; I have *earned* all these gray hairs! I'll be 61
in September.

And although your deduction is not flawed, I could probably be 20 years
younger and still have a married daughter. But my daughter was my second
child, and I didn't have my first till I was nearly 30, and she didn't marry
till she was 26, so I've had a son-in-law for less than two years (their
anniversary is May 31).

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I like the Bonne Maman Four-Fruit preserves myself. I need to
remember to eat more Nutella, though; I keep getting more coupons for
it and can't use them because I've never made it through the first
jar (bought at my son-in-law's encouragement).

UI: Suzanne has a son-in-law therefore she must have a daughter that is
of age, therefore Suzanne's age cannot be lower than ... (do the maths
yourself, it's not polite to ask a woman for her age.)

;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

Amedee Van Gasse

Suzanne S. Barnhill shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I make no secret of my age; I have earned all these gray hairs! I'll
be 61 in September.

And although your deduction is not flawed, I could probably be 20
years younger and still have a married daughter. But my daughter was
my second child, and I didn't have my first till I was nearly 30, and
she didn't marry till she was 26, so I've had a son-in-law for less
than two years (their anniversary is May 31).

Congratulations, I'd say.
There is a Dutch song called "Ik heb eerbied voor jouw grijze haren."
(I respect your grey hairs)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1