Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default file location problem

when I got to the file location (under menu: tools/options/file locations)
for the startup folder, it does not show the files that are there. I know
there are files there bec. I can see them when I use windows explorer. Why
are they not shown when I click on the folder in the tools/options/ file
locations line for startup?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:52:02 -0800, removing all headers and footers
t.com wrote:

when I got to the file location (under menu: tools/options/file locations)
for the startup folder, it does not show the files that are there. I know
there are files there bec. I can see them when I use windows explorer. Why
are they not shown when I click on the folder in the tools/options/ file
locations line for startup?

They aren't shown there because that dialog shows only folders. (Yes, it's kind
of stupid that it uses the same dialog layout as the one that shows files, but
that's just the way it is.)

If you want to see the files, you have to use either the Open dialog or Windows
Explorer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

removing all headers and footers wrote:
when I got to the file location (under menu: tools/options/file locations)
for the startup folder, it does not show the files that are there. I know
there are files there bec. I can see them when I use windows explorer. Why
are they not shown when I click on the folder in the tools/options/ file
locations line for startup?

This question, posted by you, was answered TWO days ago - you will get
the SAME answers to this one....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Because you CANNOT select which templates to load from that menu. Word will
load all the templates in the Startup folder, so there is no point in
displaying the list of templates. To view the list of templates loaded as
addins, you need to use the template button on the Developer tab.

This was answered two days ago. Did you not read the answers?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

t.com wrote in message
when I got to the file location (under menu: tools/options/file locations)
for the startup folder, it does not show the files that are there. I know
there are files there bec. I can see them when I use windows explorer. Why
are they not shown when I click on the folder in the tools/options/ file
locations line for startup?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

thanks, sorr for repeaat, but my list did not show it on the screen and I got
no notice of it... JF

t.com wrote in message
when I got to the file location (under menu: tools/options/file locations)
for the startup folder, it does not show the files that are there. I know
there are files there bec. I can see them when I use windows explorer. Why
are they not shown when I click on the folder in the tools/options/ file
locations line for startup?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You have to choose to display it. Office Button | Word Options | "Show
Developer tab in the ribbon."

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in message
where is the developer tab?

t.com wrote in message
when I got to the file location (under menu: tools/options/file
locations)
for the startup folder, it does not show the files that are there. I
know
there are files there bec. I can see them when I use windows explorer.
Why
are they not shown when I click on the folder in the tools/options/
file
locations line for startup?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Thanks. I cannot find this button under tools/options and my start/programs
Office listing is just for specific sub-programs in office? Where exactly is
it? thanks,

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You have to choose to display it. Office Button | Word Options | "Show
Developer tab in the ribbon."

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in message
where is the developer tab?

t.com wrote in message
when I got to the file location (under menu: tools/options/file
locations)
for the startup folder, it does not show the files that are there. I
know
there are files there bec. I can see them when I use windows explorer.
Why
are they not shown when I click on the folder in the tools/options/
file
locations line for startup?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are not using Word 2007, there is no Developer tab. To open the
Templates and Add-Ins dialog box, click Tools | Templates and Add-Ins.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You have to choose to display it. Office Button | Word Options | "Show
Developer tab in the ribbon."

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in message
where is the developer tab?

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Because you CANNOT select which templates to load from that menu. Word
will
load all the templates in the Startup folder, so there is no point in
displaying the list of templates. To view the list of templates loaded
as
addins, you need to use the template button on the Developer tab.

This was answered two days ago. Did you not read the answers?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in