Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ronica

Default how can i put a watermark on only the first page of my document

Hi there - I'd like to put a watermark on only the first page of a 58 page
document. I've tried just about everything I can think of and I still get it
on all 58 pages. After looking at some of the other users questions &
answers it seems that all the answers are to put the watermark in the header.
I want the watermark in the center of page 1, not in the header. Any help
would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi

If watermarks are to appear on every page, they are ANCHORED to a header or
footer - that does not mean they will appear in the header or footer area,
but can be placed at will. See Word help for details. If you want it only on
the first page, there are several approaches. The simplest is to place your
graphic on the page, format its layout to be behind text, then position it as
desired. To select a graphic that is behind text, display the drawing toolbar
and select the big arrow tool.
--
Ted

"Ronica" wrote:

Hi there - I'd like to put a watermark on only the first page of a 58 page
document. I've tried just about everything I can think of and I still get it
on all 58 pages. After looking at some of the other users questions &
answers it seems that all the answers are to put the watermark in the header.
I want the watermark in the center of page 1, not in the header. Any help
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

In FilePage Setup, click the Layout tab. Check the "Different first
page" option. Click OK. Then put the cursor in the first page header
and insert a WordArt. (If you don't want to be able to rotate the
text, you can use an ordinary text box.) The WordArt will be anchored
to the first page header, but you can position it anywhere on the
page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP